Saturday, November 1, 2008

It happened to us...

I'm pretty sure that every parent in the history of crayons has had one of these moments. Well, we just had our first. It all started with this picture- "a dolphin in a rocket ship" according to Booker. Booker was happily drawing away when I told him he needed to finish up because it was nap time. He wanted to bring his paper and crayons into his room, but I said no. Big mistake. 

Well, fast forward two hours and this is what I find. Who knows where he got the crayon (stashed away in his pocket?) All I know is that now Booker's wall is covered in dolphins, rocket ships, dolphins riding in rocket ships...
And not just his wall- his bookshelf, his Diego car, backpack and any other toys/books that happened to be out. I should have listened more carefully to his shouts before he fell asleep because he was probably asking for permission. When he got no answer, he started coloring away. 
Thank goodness for Mr. Clean's Magic Erasers. 

3 comments:

Julia Mar said...

Did the magic erasers work well? Growing up my mom would make us use white toothpaste (not gel). It worked really well. Thought you'd like to know just in case you're in a pinch w/o the help of Mr. Clean.

The Burtons said...

Oh my gosh! I know that this stuff happens, but Booker did quite a number! How lucky you are to have such an artisticly expressive young man! Holy crap!

the coltons said...

is this a rite of passage or what?