Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Perfect Poori

Photobucket

When I was growing up, our family ate Indian food like other families ate macaroni and cheese. I don't ever recall a Saturday morning filled with pancakes or waffles, but we did eat a lot of pooris with laughing cow cheese for breakfast. All the time in fact.

So when my sister said she was coming to visit and she was bringing ingredients to make pooris, I was thrilled! They turned out perfectly even though you're technically supposed to used chapati flour (she used whole wheat instead). I couldn't taste the difference.

*Marie left me half of the dough and I just finished frying them up. They're burnt, deformed and flat. Plus I set off the smoke alarm and burned my finger. Come back, Marie and make me lots of pooris!

1 comment:

Dan and Jan said...

Where is your recipe? I am always on the look-out for something new for breakfast.