Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve

I've been meaning to blog about all things Christmas for a few days now. I've also been meaning to get over this lingering cold/cough, meaning to take down the Christmas decorations, meaning to do lots of fun things with my kids over winter break, meaning to...

Instead I've been lying around on the couch, devouring this book and avoiding any and all reasons to leave my house. It's been a very nice, albeit germy winter break.

Christmas was awesome. My brother and sister came down from Prescott and we took full advantage of the warm weather. We spent Christmas Eve day at the Ostrich farm.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Does anyone remember those "Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals" sketches on SNL? If not, click here. That totally reminded me of Ike... "Hi Donkey. How doin?"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We decided to take the monster truck tour, which never disappoints.

Photobucket
Ostrich feather duster.

Photobucket
Fishing for Ostriches using grapefruit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the Ostrich Farm, we returned home and Marie and I cooked up a delicious Christmas Eve dinner of ham, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, corn pudding, rolls, zatar and the most scrumptious relish tray.

1 comment:

The Burtons said...

That Ostrich farm seems so fun! Will you take us there someday?