I'm suffering from a pretty serious case of post-Cairo depression. My symptoms include:
- Complete inability to do laundry, cook or clean.
- Craving koshary, felafel sandwiches and fresh strawberry juice.
- Thinking the sound of the train is actually the call to prayer.
- Wanting to bargain over the price of my Subway sandwich.
- A sudden fear of wide open spaces.
- Disbelief when the people of Walmart don't adoringly mob my children.
- Keeping wads of toiler paper and small change in my purse in case I have to use a public restroom.
- Wishing there was more garbage on the ground to liven things up.
- Obsessively stalking my parents and little brother on Facebook because I miss them so much.
- Disappointment when I come back home and my bed is still unmade and toys are everywhere.
- Total. Lack. Of. Motivation. It's getting bad. I've got a few more posts from Cairo that I need to crank out, but I need to find the motivation. Once it's blogged, my incredible adventure will be over... and I will fill a bathtub with my tears.
Fortunately there is a cure and it's called CAIRO 2011. Now I just to convince Clark of it's effectiveness. I'm thinking of going back for the month of February or March this time. That gives you plenty of time to plan a trip and join me. See you there!