Thursday, February 18, 2010

Impetigo, Minerva, 5Ks

I've been a total blog slacker as of late.

The truth is, we haven't been up to much of anything.

That's not totally true, I guess. Clark and I took a quick trip up to Utah last weekend. It was a nice grown up vacation that consisted of skiing, visiting friends/family and a law conference for Clark. I always like spending time with my brother and his wife, now if I could only convince them to move to Arizona and not Japan. Vacations are fun but sometimes my favorite part of vacation is coming home to our boys. Even though one of them has impetigo and the other has an infected thumb, the reunion was sweet (and germy.)

While we were in Salt Lake, we visited the Church History Museum in temple square. When I worked at the BYU Museum of Art we worked pretty closely with the the Church History Museum borrowing and lending out pieces, but until last weekend I had never actually been there. They have a great collection (with more than a few from my beloved Minerva) and admission is free. Plus, if you happen to be Mormon and were wondering whether or not you have a weird heritage, this is the place for you. Be prepared though, we're a strange folk.

I'm proud to say that I made it out of the museum gift shop with only one book and one small Teichert for my wall. And now it sits in the big pile of things to be hung on our walls.


Which brings me to our empty walls and our not so empty house. Last week I unpacked our last box. It only took me 3 months! Things are slowly coming together. I'm completely satisfied with two rooms- the guest bedroom and the guest bathroom, which is perfect because my mom and sister are coming to town next week. I'm a little burned out on home decorating so the rest of the house is going to remain in a state of limbo... for awhile. Maybe forever.

But who needs the indoors when the weather is absolutely beautiful, like mid-70's. We've been trying to spend lots of time outdoors. This means I sit out on the trampoline endlessly playing 1) Duck Duck Goose (which is difficult with 2.5 people) 2) Sword Dodge Ball (exactly what it sounds like) and 3) Buddha Belly (stuff a ball up your shirt and jump around like a maniac, Ike's favorite.) This mom business is hard work.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for the comments/input about running. I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to being a running-hater. For the last couple of weeks, I've been running at night (so no one can point and laugh at me) with the best running partner a gal could ask for. If it weren't for her, I'd be sitting at home each night eating ice cream and watching figure skating. Running with someone else is a great distraction, plus peer pressure is a powerful motivator for me.

Speaking of peer pressure, our neighborhood does a weekly 5K. WEEKLY. 5. K. Yikes, I think I moved into the wrong neighborhood. I thought I requested the neighborhood with the weekly pie eating contest. Nope. This is one fitness oriented group of people. I've definitely got my work cut out for me, but if I can run a 5K without barfing in front of my neighbors I'll consider it one of my greatest accomplishments. Pathetic, right? I don't care. Running is hard.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I've been planning to get the big version of that painting (as a print) for a while now...at least they have it in my price range. But I don't have wall space either. Ah, well, maybe someday.

Dan and Jan said...

Yes, Esther, one of my favorites. Good choice.

Emily said...

Get ready to hit the pavement again this week! Hopefully I feel better tomorrow!

Thank you, THANK YOU for all you did for me last week. I owe you big time! Let me know how I can serve you this week!