Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Play Catch?



This is a video of Booker "playing catch." It seems a little boring but you should wait it out- if you've ever seen America's Funniest Home Videos, you can guess what happens. Anyways, I'm posting this video because "playing catch" has become a huge part of my life. Booker absolutely LOVES playing catch. He woke up from his nap today and in his half sleep/half awake delirium he asked, "play catch?" Every night, as soon as Clark walks through the door Booker runs at him, hugs him and asks, "play catch?" Then he directs Clark to sit in a very specific spot so he can pitch the ball. While I'm nursing Ike, I must play catch. While I'm cooking in the kitchen, Booker is right there with me swinging his bat away. When we go to play group at the library, he mostly ignores the other children so he can play catch with his mom (it drives me nuts- we can do that at home!) Sometimes he insists on taking his bat in the shower or puts it under his covers at night. You get it. The kid loves playing catch. Maybe its just a phase, maybe not and he'll love tee-ball in a few years. Right now, I'm counting down the minutes until Clark walks through that door so I can take a break from playing catch. 

No comments: