Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chicken and Hot Dogs

I'm pretty excited for Halloween this year for a few reasons. First, I finally get to use these awesome costumes I got for $5 from Old Navy last year. Second, I think Booker is finally old enough to actually enjoy Halloween and I'll get to take him trick-or-treating for the first time. I can't wait. We've been discussing and reading books about costumes, trick-or-treating, pumpkins, and monsters (not being real, of course) in an effort to get him excited about the big night and to avoid any tantrums that might result from doing something new and strange. 

I have a feeling he's not going to like the chicken costume so much, so I've got a couple of back-up options. Thank you, Elaine for these Superman PJs (cape included)- Booker is finally big enough to wear them. 

And in keeping with our apparent tradition of dressing as a funny type of food for your first Halloween, Teichert will be a hot dog. 
Side story- right before we put Ike in this costume, Booker vomited up his lunch (he's definitely got his mom's gag reflex). We're talking chunks of hot dog launched ALL OVER the place. It still stinks of partially digested hot dog in here. 



2 comments:

Shelli said...

Dang those costumes are too cute! How fun! For my babies, I had the pod portion of a pea pod costume, minus the peas, plus a daisy bonnet. They looked like a flower. People didn't ask; I didn't tell. Yes, even for the boys. I'm a Halloween minimalist.

Emily said...

How cute!!! I love the costumes. Our poor kids have to put up with us dressing them in silly costumes and parading them around the neighborhood for our enjoyment.