Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Visit from the AmBABAssador

I said goodbye to my parents this morning. They are continuing on their Meet the Grandkids Tour of 2011, which started with Yuna up in Provo and will end with Amara in Prescott. I'm so glad my dad made it to Tucson to spend a couple of days with us. It was hard to see him go. For two weeks (TWO WEEKS!!!), I have been lucky enough to have someone staying with me and helping out. Between Clark, my sister, my mother-in-law and most recently my parents, I have had both good company and fabulous help since Asher was born.

But this morning, I bid farewell to my mom and dad and it sort of feels like I walked off a cliff. I am faced with the scary realization that I am a single pair of eyes, hands and boobs to three needy little bodies. Three needy little bodies that want peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Lego Star Wars and a nursing session all at the exact same time. This is it. No going back. Life marches on. I have to figure it out.

In the meantime, here are some photos from the last few days.

Photobucket
Ike enjoying some one on one time with Baba while Booker is at preschool. Asher is listening in. Shortly after this, he had his first diaper blow out... all over Baba.

Photobucket
Ever since we brought him home, Booker has been begging to take Asher to the zoo. Wish granted.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This might be our last trip to the zoo until the Fall. Even after a visit to the splash pad, it was miserably hot.

Photobucket
It was neat to have my dad around when the news FINALLY broke that he's been nominated to be the Ambassador to Kuwait. Even though this will be the third time my family has lived in Kuwait, I'm really excited. Kuwait was my second favorite post (right after London naturally). I have fond memories of playing on tanks and humvees when we were there in 1991. And I'll forever love Clark for actually agreeing to fly to Kuwait to meet my dad while we were dating back in 2004. What will this next tour hold? I have visions of my three boys playing on the beaches and adventures in sand duning. But don't tell Clark. After our last trip overseas, he wants our next vacation to be a nice, quiet cruise.

Photobucket
Baba brought gifts! Like Asher's first camel.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ike insisted on many camel kisses.

Photobucket
Thanks to my dad, we now have a lifetime supply of Egyptian Revolution shirts straight from a vendor in Tahrir Square. I was giddy with excitement when I went through these shirts. You better believe I'll be forever reminding Booker, Ike and Asher that they were there (in person or in utero) and now they have the shirts to prove it. My favorite is the 25 January Tahrir Square Freedom Facebook shirt.

Thanks for the fun visit, Baba and Mama De! Have fun in Washington D.C. learning how to be Ambassadors and Ambassador Spouses. It won't be nearly as fun as hanging out with us. We miss you already!

2 comments:

Layla said...

Love the shirts! And congrats to your dad!

Emily said...

That is so exciting about your dad!! Congrats! I'm so glad they were able to make it for a visit and that Booker could finally take his baby brother to the zoo.

Love the shirts too!