Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Strangest Compilation of Music Ever

If you've spent any time at all in a car with my three-year-old son then you know that he is VERY particular about his music. There are a select few songs that he likes to listen to OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER... and you get the idea... again.

I've gotten into way too many near-accidents fumbling through my various CD's trying to keep him happy, so I finally compiled one single CD with all his favorite songs. For his future embarrassment, I present to you the strangest compilation of music ever- Booker's All-time Favorites, 2008-2009 Edition:

1. Wake Up- Arcade Fire
2. Africa- Toto (yes, that Africa song)
3. Kids- MGMT
4. She's Like a Rainbow- The Rolling Stones
6. On the Radio- Regina Spektor
7. Lucky Today- Cloud Cult
8. Forever- Chris Brown (thanks to this video)
9. Come on Eileen- Dexy's Midnight Runners
10. Sure Shot- Beastie Boys
11. The Fixer- Pearl Jam
12. The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song- The Flaming Lips
13. Girls Just Want to Have Fun- Cyndi Lauper
14. Baby Beluga- Raffi

I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of my son who can sing along to both the Flaming Lips and Chris Brown. Eh, at least he loves music.

2 comments:

Layla said...

I love that your three year old has such great taste in Music :)

Usandthings said...

My daughter, who's also 3, LOVES the Yeah Yeah Yeah song. And we listen to it over and over and over.