Monday, June 22, 2009

MOA on a Rainy Day

Oh, how I love love love going to the BYU Museum of Art. Oh, how I love going to any museum of art, but especially the MOA because I got married there and because it will always remind me of the best job I ever held. It was so much fun to bring Booker there on a rainy afternoon and see some crazy stuff...

Photobucket

like a wall of balloons
Photobucket

or a sculpture of trash bags
Photobucket

or a wall of duck sauce
Photobucket

which apparently did not impress David
Photobucket

The garbage, however, was quite impressive (at least to Yaya). 
Photobucket

and some not so crazy stuff...
Photobucket

like a room full of Minerva Teicherts
Photobucket

and various other works by Minerva. Too bad Ike was taking a nap and couldn't come. He'll have to meet his namesake another time.
Photobucket

And finally, the main reason we went to the MOA- to see an exhibit by Walter Wick, the photographer/author of the I Spy series of children's books. 
Photobucket

By this point, I was politely reminded not to take photos inside the museum. But it was really cool, I promise. There were several photographs of the setups and some of the actual models themselves. Booker loved seeing larger versions of the pages from his books. If you're in Utah valley, I highly recommend checking it out.  

Up next, photos from our Tueller gathering on Sunday...


1 comment:

Julia Mar said...

I'm excited to be down in Provo just for this reason. Thanks for reminding me what a gem the MOA is.