Saturday, June 28, 2008

Camino Lomas Street


I thought that moving in Arizona's summer heat while in my third trimester was going to be even more extreme than wake-boarding in my third trimester. It turns out, it wasn't. Thanks to Clark's AMAZING family, I hardly had to lift a finger. My brothers-in-law went above and beyond their familial duties today. They loaded up our U-haul truck and even drove all the way down to Tucson with us to help unload it.  We showed up at our new house and an hour later everything was inside. I'm so lucky to have married into such a service-oriented family. Booker even got to stay and hang out at Joy's house all day which was much more fun for him than coming to Tucson. 

As you may have guessed, we did end up finding someone who agreed to let us live their house. I didn't want to mention anything until we actually signed the lease. Its even closer to Clark's office (about 5 minutes away) and its in a nice little neighborhood with a community pool. Although we may not use the community pool too often since there's a hot tub in our backyard, which I'm not too thrilled about. What if Booker drowns in it? What if I get some crazy desire to give birth in it? Sick- not happening. Or worse, what if our ward gets the wrong impression and they think we're some sort of morally loose family? I'm not sure why a hot tub would give us that reputation but still... I worry. Although, Clark did suggest that once the kids are asleep we should watch DVDs on his laptop while relaxing in the hot tub and that sounds just lovely to me. As well as being close to the office, its an otherwise great location with lots of yummy restaurants nearby (as my somewhat starved brother-in-law Dan pointed out). I think I'll be making many trips to Paradise Cafe for a maple spice cookie in the near future. 

Overall, it was a good day, although quite exhausting. I kept waiting for something to go wrong, but aside from the blistering heat and the ridiculous amount of money that we spent on fuel for the U-haul, everything went smoothly. We're back in Mesa for the next few days because Clark has one more Bar class on Monday. While I'm eager to get back to Tucson to start unpacking, I'm somewhat grateful for the forced break I get over the next two days. We'll be back and forth quite a bit over the next three weeks for Clark's mock-exams and for my mother-in-law's homecoming in mid-July. Its going to be a busy month but thanks to all the help we've received and for something called the nesting instinct (which now, more than ever, I'm convinced is quite real) we'll hopefully get through to August. 

No comments: