Monday, May 10, 2010

Last Post from Cairo

I've been holding onto this last one for awhile now. We've been home from Cairo for 10 days and I need to move on, but not before I tell you about the amazing people who made our stay in Cairo so relaxing/delicious/safe/carefree.

Photobucket
This is Khaled. He drove us all over town. We probably spent more time with him than anyone else, if you know anything about Cairo traffic then you know why.

Photobucket
Mohammed on the left. He's the reason I gained ten pounds in 4 weeks (sadly that is not an exaggeration).

Photobucket
Sayeed is next to my mom and Su-su is next to me.

Photobucket
I realize this is a lot of photos, but I have a feeling that over the next few months I'm going to re-visit this post and reminisce... and maybe cry a little while I fold laundry and do dishes. Sigh.

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's pretty darn cute when Ike says Su-Su.

Photobucket
Wael, my favorite of my dad's bodyguards (no offense to Omar, he's cool too).

Photobucket
Always in a suit and tie... and packing heat.

Photobucket
Su-su, oh how I miss her. She went shopping with me and her bargaining skills saved me hundreds of pounds. Thanks to her I didn't have to pay a "skin tax."

Photobucket
Nabil, my dad's driver.

Photobucket
My little brother, Chris. Love this guy so much!

Photobucket

Photobucket
His nephews adore him.

Photobucket
Even though shortly after this photo, Chris accidentally broke Booker's Kinder Surprise toy.

Then things got a little weird...
Photobucket
My judgement in Cairo may not have been the best. I blame it on my Egypt Goggles, the same things that made me completely disregard all car safety rules. Those darn goggles also made petting a lion at the zoo sound like a good idea.

Photobucket
Letting three-year-olds hold your gun is normal, it's fun, it's Egypt!

Photobucket
Seriously, what was I thinking? It's not loaded, but still... it's a GUN. Yikes.

Photobucket
I'm just glad he looks super awkward and uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Are these posts really going to end?! I feel like I need to mourn too.

YES, we ARE going with you next year!