Friday, May 7, 2010

Kareem Salama Concert

On our last night in Cairo, we needed to find a way to keep the boys awake (our flight left at 1 in the morning). The Embassy was hosting a Kareem Salama concert over at Al-Azhar park so we decided to check it out. Apparently Kareem Salama is the first ever American-Muslim country singer. An Egyptian country singer? I just had to check this out. The concert proved to be lots of fun. Booker especially enjoyed it, see below. If you want to hear more of Kareem, head on over to iTunes. His EP is titled Generous Peace. I'm not a country music fan, but if an Egyptian country singer can make it then I'm intrigued.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I begged Chris to come even though he's way too cool for country music. Thanks little brother!

Photobucket
That's my dad getting interviewed with his bodyguard standing by. My dad. The guy who used to make us crazy weird casseroles with potato chips on top.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Your toddler is up two hours past his bedtime at a country music concert in Cairo, Egypt? There's an app for that.

"My name is Booker and I like to DANCE!"

1 comment: