Sunday, May 10, 2009

More photos from Oceanside

I'm doing another photo dump. My camera gets so full, so fast here at the beach. I guess I should also explain what the heck I'm doing in Oceanside, CA in the middle of May. My sister-in-law rents a beach house every year and generously offers it out to family. I drove down with the boys on Tuesday night and Clark joined me on Thursday. It's been a little cloudy the last few days but even when the sun isn't shining, there are plenty of fun things to do. I especially love watching Booker play with all his cousins. He's having trouble keeping up with his older cousin, Dax who runs faster, eats faster and needs less sleep, but man, is it fun watching him try. 

I've loved every second that I've been here (not including the seconds spent mopping up Booker's accidents because he's too busy having fun with his cousins to stop for potty breaks), but really, it's been a blast. I'll take wet underwear any day if it means I can play for hours in the sun and then fall asleep to the sound of waves crashing outside my window. I have a pit in my stomach thinking about going back to Tucson tomorrow night. But at least I feel refreshed and revitalized, ready to face a summer that involves shuttling my family to and from Utah to help my sick mother, going to Girl's Camp sometime in between trips and finding creative ways to keep two kids occupied in scorching hot temperatures.  

When things get hot and miserable in Arizona, at least I'll have photos to remind me of cooler, less stressful times. 

Is there anything cuter than toddlers holding hands?!? Maybe, but not when you personally know the two toddlers. This was totally Addie's idea, but Booker secretly loved the attention. All the little boys on the beach were J-E-A-L-O-U-S.  More hand-holding here

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the Green and the pink in that picture. Besides, it's so stereo typical...the girl chit-chatting away while the boy gives that look like "how in the heck did I get into this?" Ah, young love!

Cassie said...

My insurance doesn't cover iuds. And without insurance it's EXPENSIVE. Any other ideas?